Ok, to kick us off, WHY is this a thing? Why?
Recently, The Canadian One and I have been ridding our lives of all our unnecessary things that won’t quite be making the border crossing into Canada with us. Goodbye juicer (which I used once to test it before selling it as I forgot we owned it), hand blender (yeah, I didn’t know we owned one of those), normal blender (which I made soup with twice and mostly make breadcrumbs with), other-normal-blender (which was broken), and a whole plethora of other stuff…like hair straighteners, I don’t even straighten my hair. Never have. Hell, I’m lucky I have the patience to dry it in the mornings.
Before you start thinking, ‘Wow, how irresponsible, buying all those items and never using them.’ Let me stop you there.
You see, when people leave Korea, they like to hand off their stuff to friends. Friends who take a free juicer and think, ‘Ouuu, all the smoothies I can make’ and then puts it under the sink and forgets they own it. I was one of those friends. NOW, I’m the friend who thinks ‘I don’t care if you don’t want a spice rack with three shelves and a basket, you will take the spice rack and it will no longer be my problem. Enjoy.’ I gotta say, getting free stuff was more fun.
I don’t know about you but when I think of blenders, I think ‘soup’, ‘pasta sauce’, ‘smoothie’, I do NOT think ‘iPhone’, ‘Kindle’ or ‘Crowbar’.
Unlike Tom Dickson, inventor of the Blendtec Blender. He’s been making blenders for over 18 years and in 2007, decided to put his ‘blender tests’ on the web. With its wonderfully retro theme music and its, at time, awkward to watch host, this site had me and The Canadian One pointing ‘Click on crowbar!! Oh my God, click on marbles!! Glow sticks!! I wanna do that!’ – Mainly me…but he was there.
Having been using the tests to measure the performance of the blender in the lab, Tom Dickson and the videos soon went viral and since then, there’s been a steady stream videos featuring unusual blends.
Such as Bic Lighters:
The iPhone 5 vrs Galaxy S3
And GLOW STICKS!! – I WANNA DO THIS
What do YOU wanna blend?
Elsewhere on the web, if you’re not doing anything:
- Cat Caught Smuggling Jail Breaking Tools and Cell-Phone Into Jail…(I just couldn’t make this up)
- Jay-Z has to explain who he is to an old lady
- This Scary Snowman had me laughing in class…when I wasn’t supposed to be!
Still got time to waste? For more Timewasters, check out:
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Detention Edition – 01/01
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Pictures Edition – 12/18
- Tuesday Timewasters – Stupid Joke Edition – 12/11
- Tuesday Timewasters – Break Room Stories – 12/04
- Tuesday Timewaster – The Best of Liz Climo – 11/27
- Tuesday Timewasters – Star Disney War – 11/13
- Tuesday Timewasters – Favorite Ecards Round 4 – 11/06
- My Favourite Ecards round ONE / TWO / THREE
- Tuesday Timewasters – Some Stories Require No Words – 10/23
- Tuesday Timewasters – Mini Star Wars Edition – 10/16
- Tuesday Timewasters – Gangnam Style – 10/09
- Tuesday Timewasters – 10/02
- ‘Dear God, So who made the dinosaurs…?’ (Note: The most popular timewaster on this site!)