And you know who I blame?
Uh huh, that’s right, I’ve been going to Bank School.
The girl who got an A in Math at school but whose mother thought she cheated on the exam. Still to this day I have no idea how I managed to even pass the exam. I mean, just today at Bank School I added $6 and $7.50 together using my fingers.
And yet still, I landed a job at a bank and am working my way through the four weeks of intensive, rigorous training on all things Bank.
It’s been all computer-this and credit cards-that, interest rates-this and account fees-that, blah blah blah. There’ve been exams, three in fact (90%, 100% and 77%…frikkin‘ 77%…urgh I was so annoyed…even as I write this I feel like I’m reliving seeing my grade…argh, though a ‘pass’ was 75% so at least I didn’t fail). There’s been booklets to read at home. Online exercises to complete. Compliance courses with fancy names like ‘Anti-Money Laundering’ and ‘Privacy Code’ to do and receive a certificate in. My certificates promise I won’t launder money or discuss bank-like stuff outside of the bank.
I will say this, man, having access to people’s accounts , it’s lead to me believe one thing: People spend their money on weird sh*t…and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
Also the only time I miss being a teacher is when I’m sitting a test.
So, to give you a quick, 14-day run down of what I’ve been up to, here are some helpful photos…as words are boring and pictures are awesome!
I discovered Canada has a wide range of vodkas on offer and decide I’m gonna like living here:
And I also discover there’s a drive thru for everything (even banking!):
We stumbled upon this and I started to get concerned…
Then the snow hit and I made my first snow angel:
While The Canadian One got trapped on some ice on a playground:
I drank raspberry beer…Raspbeery…I made that up, I have no idea what the name of this beer was:
I tried Ketchup Chips…(and root beer…)…No…no…no no no….
I released a book…and having broken my nail yesterday, I mourn its loss…it’s so pretty in this photo!
I made steak and roast potatoes and asparagus and we thought it was awesome…
We stayed with friends with cats…And The Canadian One dubbed himself The Cat King…he just lies down and they come to him…it’s weird.
I found this at Walmart and promptly ate the entire thing…cold…with a fork…from the tin…while sitting on the floor…
The impending house-move prompted our first ever trip to IKEA…Now I understand that 30 Rock episode soooo much better: (oh and don’t buy IKEA knives…don’t say I didn’t warn you)
We finally moved into our new apartment…and discovered some issues…
But then we pulled it all together and now it’s starting to feel more like home…
And that’s what you missed on ME!
UPDATE: Having JUST posted this to our Facebook, my newsfeed, when refreshed, looked like this:
Something looks terribly familiar…don’tcha think?
Still got time to waste? For more Timewasters, check out:
- Tuesday Timewasters – Hedgehog Unleashed – 04/30
- Tuesday Timewasters – 365 Songs in 365 Days – 04/23
- Twins, Tuna and Tuesday Timewasters – 04/09
- Tuesday Timewasters – Thumbes and Ammo – 04/02
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Food Edition – 03/12
- Tuesday Timewasters – Stalking the Public – 03/05
- Tuesday Timewasters – Deep Thoughts – 02/26
- Tuesday Timewasters – One REALLY ANNOYING Timewaster – 02/19
- Tuesday Timewasters – Happy Pancake Day – 02/12
- Tuesday Timewasters – Dear Girls Above Me – 02/05
- Bodyform, Well Done! Best Response To A Facebook Comment Ever!
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Is-That-Really-True? Edition – 01/29
- Tuesday Timewasters – Favorite Ecards Round 4 – 11/06
- My Favourite Ecards round ONE / TWO / THREE
- ‘Dear God, So who made the dinosaurs…?’ (Note: The most popular timewaster on this site!)