Ok, so it’s been a while since I did a round-up of random sites on the interwebbie so I figured I’d do one this week and oh boy, did I find a plethora of random sites to recommend! Happy Timewasting!
1. First up, something somewhat topical to me: The 9 Ways of Hangman:
Now, personally, in class, I don’t play hangman. I had a teacher once who told us a harrowing story of a kid in her class whose father hung himself and an innocent game of hangman during the lesson sent her into a whirlwind of tears and panic. And so, I play Snowman. Same concept, just a snowman instead:
2. Up next, Matt Green and his blog of interesting, though-probably-not-true-but-funny-none-the-less, trivia. With gems such as:
Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children. Last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it. Hence the saying, “Don’t throw the baby out with the Bath water!
Bread was divided according to status. Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf, the family got the middle, and guests got the top, or the upper crust.
3. There’s a website out there dedicated completely to chronicling truck spills aka the things that spill outta trucks at random intervals in life, such as Doritos or Olympic Coins or Russian Rocket Containers…or a Whale…wait…a WHAT?!
Yep, a whale!
Apparently in Taiwan in January 2004 a whale exploded in the street. IN. THE. STREET.
Now, before any animal activists contact me, it’s said the whale died of unknown causes on a beach and was being transported to a research facility to determine cause of death when it, ya know, exploded.
4. So far we’ve dealt with suicide by hanging and whale guts today….let’s lighten the mood with some of the strangest airline baggage left behind by passengers courtesy of the Unclaimed Baggage Center:
- Hoggle from the movie “Labyrinth.”Yes. Someone checked the orignal puppet.
- A Gucci suitcase filled with ancient Egyptian artifacts.
- A rattlesnake. A SNAKE…ON A PLANE!
- A $250,000 guidance system belonging to the U.S. Navy.
- A Barbie doll stuffed with $500 in cash.
- A suit of armor.
- A 300-year-old violin.
- An ordinary-looking sock, which contained a 5.8-carat diamond set in a platinum ring.
- A camera designed for the Space Shuttle.
- A 40.95-carat natural emerald.
I once left a teddy bear on an airplane when I was little and my aunt returned to fetch it for me but you would think if you left a 40.95-carat natural emerald on a plane, you’d be wanting it back…No?
5. The people over at Crazy214 have compiled a list of the most AMAZING like a BOSS gifs floating around on the interweb. You. MUST. check. them. out!
6. Over at The Chicken Hammer Blog, they have a section dedicated to ‘Idiot Sightings’. Now, does anyone remember when The Canadian One though the flowers that spelled out ‘Spring’ actually spelled out ‘Sprin 9?’…It’s just like that…but with other people.
7. And finally: THE. BEST. PAINTJOB. ON. A. PLANE. EVER.
For more Timewasters, check out: