With the day off school today to await the imminent arrival of Typhoon Bolaven, I’ve redubbed today’s post Typhoon Timewasters!
To help you while away your time indoors during the storm, we here at TKW have compiled a list of the best of the AllTime10s. With all videos coming in at under 3 minutes long, they’re the perfect way to waste at least 30 minutes and perhaps learn something that you never thought you needed to know.
1. Top 10 Most Useless Body Parts
Covering such uselessness as wisdom teeth, male nipples and why some people can wiggle their ears and
I some people can’t.
2. Top 10 Everyday NASA Inventions
Did you know the substance used to make invisible braces was originally used by NASA to protect infrared detectors? No, me neither!
3. Top 10 Craziest Ice-Cream Flavors
Bacon? Not that weird. Fried Chicken Wings? A little weirder. Breast milk? Ummm…..ooookkkkk. Viagra? WTF?
For more, check out The Food Network’s list.
4. Top 10 Dumbest Criminals
Take the story of Krystian Bala, who’s 2003 book ‘Amok’ detailed a gristly murder of a Polish businessman. Noticing the eery similarities between the book’s plot and a murder from 2000 of the same nature, Chief Inspector Jack Wroblewski arrested Bala who’s currently serving 25 years for the murder. In my writing class I was always taught to write what you know but…well….
5. Top 10 Bizarre Business Ideas That Made Millions
From toilet training kits for your cat to a website that faciliates peole in relationships to have affairs to…well, number three on the list…this list just goes to show, there’s no such thing as
a stupid idea an idea that can’t make money.
6. Top 10 Illegal Baby Names
I once had a co-teacher name one of my students Lucifer. He was the sweetest kid in the world and was only maybe 7 years old when he joined my class but still, I couldn’t help scrunching up my face everytime I had to say or write his name. It’s worth noting, since some of the older kids get to give themselves an English name I’ve had kids named ‘Pencil’, ‘Lightnening’, ‘Apple’, ‘ChocoPie’, ‘Carrot’ who changed her name to ‘Ninja’, the list goes on. The only time I’ve ever refused to let a kid name himself something was when one of my worst student tried to change his name to ‘Smart’, all the other kids complained it was a lie and he got outvoted.
7. Top 10 Ill-Advised Publicity Stunts
From the US Department of Defence causing widespread public panic and Snapple’s failed world record attempt which resulted in kiwi-strawberry liquid flooding the streets of Manhattan, this list is one of my
8. Top 10 Accidental Discoveries
Obviously Viagra is on the list but chocolate chip cookies and Play-Doh? Proving some accidents are totally awesome.
9. Top 10 Suprising Facts About Google
Google have their own dinosaur! Their own DINO-SAUR!! His name is Stan. Stan the Dinosaur.
10. Top 10 Things That Make You A 90’s Kid
There are literally hundreds more on their channel so it was hard to just list 10…this may be renamed Part One at some point. Notable mentions: Top 10 Unusual Mating Rituals, Top 10 Greatest Con Artists and Top 10 Lesser Known Natural Wonders.
Still got time to waste? For more Timewasters, check out:
- Tuesday Timewasters – 08/21
- Half a Year of Ketchup – A round up of the best of the last 6 months
- ‘Dear God, So who made the dinosaurs…?’ (Note: The most popular timewaster on this site!)
- Tuesday Timewasters – 08/14
- Tuesday Timewasters – 08/07
- Tuesday Timewasters – When Movies Get Lego’d – 07/31
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Movies / Books / TV Edition – 07/24
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Random Edition – 07/17
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Viral Edition – 06/19
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Newspaper Edition – 05/01
- Tuesday Timewasters 05/29 – ‘The Best of George Takei’
- ‘Dear Internet, Stop being so distracting…!’ – Tuesday Timewasters – April 10th 2012