I’m 28 years old so naturally a lot of my friends are currently popping out babies. Or their wives are. Or their girlfriends. Or their sisters / sisters-in-law / that girl their brother met at a club once and knocked up. Now, while its nice that my friends all have cute tiny humans in their lives and given that I live so far away, I do enjoy seeing a photo or two of them every so often.
Note: A photo OR two. Or three.
Not entire albums dedicated to the tiny human doing nothing interesting but sitting there…and around picture 47, it’s wearing a hat. Oh my God, it’s wearing a hat. Let’s start a new album.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I do like seeing pictures of babies but somewhere between picture 24 of baby sitting and picture 26 of baby sitting-but-leaning-slightly-to-the-left, I grow bored.
Cute pictures of baby covered in food? Ok.
Nineteen pictures of baby covered in food from every angle like a crazed paparazzi? No. Just…No.
Baby smiling? Yes. Twenty-eight photos leading up to baby smiling where baby does NOTHING? No.
Of course, you can’t write to your friends and tell them 10 photos of their baby is probably enough for one day, and so enter Unbaby.Me.
A GENIUS extension for Crome which takes the baby right outta your Facebook newsfeed and replaces it with something far cooler. Like cars or dogs or kites if you’re into that kinda thing.
The best thing about this extension is it’s fully customizable. Get rid of cats, replace them with pictures of George Clooney. Get rid of pictures of your friend’s new car, replace them with pictures of snow. Far more interesting.
By changing the keywords the extension is searching your newsfeed page for, you can pretty much rid your newsfeed of anything cute / annoying / pointless /cats with quotes…WHY are there so many cats with quotes??! You can also change the websites the program gets its replacement images from making your newsfeed a much happier place to be.
Of course, once I have my own tiny human, I shall make albums upon albums upon albums of it doing absolutely nothing…and when that time comes, you’ll all be happy I wrote about this invention and you’ll with thank me and send me flowers.
In other, unrelated news but equally worth timewasting upon:
1. Did you know the United States makes up countries? MAKES UP COUNTRIES. Countries such as ‘The People’s Republic of Pineland’, ‘Attica’ and ‘Atropia’. No, seriously.
2. Chinese subtitles for the bootlegged DVD of the The Avengers are just AWESOME.
SPHERO. A robot ball you control with your iPhone or iPad. Needless to say, it’s become imperative that I own this device as soon as possible.
Here’s Sphero being shot with a shotgun:
And here’s a slightly longer review for those who have time and are as obsessed as me:
Still got time to waste? For more Timewasters, check out:
- ‘Dear God, So who made the dinosaurs…?’ (Note: The most popular timewaster on this site!)
- Tuesday Timewasters – 08/07
- Tuesday Timewasters – When Movies Get Lego’d – 07/31
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Movies / Books / TV Edition – 07/24
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Random Edition – 07/17
- Tuesday Timewasters – 06/26
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Viral Edition – 06/19
- Tuesday Timewasters – The Newspaper Edition – 05/01
- Tuesday Timewasters 05/29 – ‘The Best of George Takei’
- Thursday Timewasters – I can’t say Canada correctly – 05/03
- Tuesday Timewasters – 05/22 – My Favorite YouTube Videos
- Thursday Timewasters – Text From Dog – April 12th 2012
- ‘Dear Internet, Stop being so distracting…!’ – Tuesday Timewasters – April 10th 2012
- And more in the Index